Next chapter begins now

I’ve been a free agent for some time. I started Sacks PR with visions of grandeur that we quickly started to bring to fruition, growing the business with numerous reputable clients and an expanding employee base. And while all that was great, back then I found myself wanting to shift gears, changing the business model to more of a small consultancy vs big PR firm. In this new model, I became the lead consultant, acting as a VP of marketing/communications for fast-growth tech companies that may not have access to someone with this type of experience level. I love it because I only work with a small handful of companies at a time. It allows me to not only provide strategy, but also execution, and more importantly keeps me close to the CEO and the rest of the leadership team providing maximum impact. I have a no a-hole rule, only working with people I like and respect, and I’ve never broken the rule. Life is good.

Not much has changed over the last couple years—until now. I’m pleased to announce that I’ll be joining a client company.  It’s a company that I’ve worked with for years and proudly watched them evolve from it’s pre-venture backed days with about 30 employees to now, what has become a force in the small business market quadrupling in size and boasting a large and fiercely loyal customer base.

It’s not often that a company comes along like Infusionsoft. The culture, the CEO, the executive team, and the product—each aspect is truly unparalleled. Blogger Francine Hardaway said it best when she visited Infusionsoft recently and blogged about it. “I didn’t know Infusionsoft was so cool” she said.

This company and the product it provides, to a market desperately in need of tools that help them grow and free up their time to better balance life, serves a purpose like no other software I’ve seen. I’ve become super-passionate about it from a customer’s perspective too because we use Infusionsoft to run another business my husband and I have, Jump Athletic. And I could not run or grow the business without it. Infusionsoft is the real deal. And so when Infusionsoft’s co-founder and CEO Clate Mask approached me with this new role, VP of Communications, I had to say yes. More details are in this press release Infusionsoft issued today.

I’m proud to join Clate and the entire team at Infusionsoft. I start next week, Monday February 8. What they’ve accomplished so far is admirable and enviable for every entrepreneur. And 2010 promises to be a big-time pivotal year. I can’t be more excited to be part of that effort.

Comments

1. says

Congrats to Infusionsoft! You’re a catch Kathy and they are lucky to have you. Very rare is it that a consultant gets to take a company from true infancy through the substantial growth that Infusionsoft has seen. It’s a testament to your work and no doubt you’ll enjoy taking them to the next level in this role!

2. says

Congratulations my friend. Your next chapter in your professional journey shall begin. This sounds like an exciting place to work for and they are absolutely lucky to have you as one of their executive members to drive strategy and bring their vision to the next level. You’re a gem and companies rarely come across such a talent as dynamic and personable as you. Your passion is truly contagious and I can’t wait to share all the great stories of success with you. I am so happy for you. Much luck and I will see you soon my friend.

Cindy Kim
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/cindykimpr
    The Marketing Journalist Blog: http://cindykimblog.wordpress.com
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/myprofile?trk=hb_side_pro
    Co-founder of Linked WOW 3.0 Group: http://bit.ly/womenofweb

3. says

Congratulations Kathy! You are joining a truly great team that is changing the world. I know that you have been working with them since the early days, but nothing beats being on the inside during the big growth years.

4. says

This is great news! Kathy joining the Infusionsoft team is huge… two “greats” getting together will produce tremendous results. Congrats to Kathy and to Clate and the Infusionsoft team!

5. says

Congratulations Kathy! Change is always good and full of exciting new experiences. Please let me know if I can ever be of help to you and hope to continue to see you at Arizona Technology Council events.

6. says

Congratulations, Kathy! Sounds like a great pairing. I know Infusionsoft is going to continue to do great things and they are super lucky to have you to help them down that path!

7. says

Congrats, Kathy. It will be great working together . Cheers to a successful start and strong execution of your communications strategy! :-)

All the best,
    Joe

8. rebecca shea says

I wish for you that your acceptance of the new position is a beautiful
    infusion with the position of wife and mother

9. jami thompson says

Congrats Kathy! I’m glad you found the next chapter of your career so effortlessly. Sounds like a great match. There is nothing better than driving strategy from in-house. Cheers to you!

10. says

Congratulations Kathy! But I should really be saying congratulations to InfusionSoft. They are the real winners here, with your decision to join the team.

Best wishes!
    Brent

11. says

SACKS!! Congrats…You are a machine….Congrats to both you and Clate….What a great team!! Tell Brian I said Hi and kiss the baby for me!!

Good Selling,

Gene

12. says

I see you share interesting stuff here, you can earn some additional money, your blog has big potential, for the
    monetizing method, just search in google – K2 advices how to monetize a website