Forging a New Path

new-pathI’ve just made a big change in my life. I’ve left an amazing company called Infusionsoft, that’s on a worthwhile mission, where I worked with a talented leadership team that I had the pleasure of solving big problems for small business with, where I got to mentor smart ambitious people and teams, in a high-powered and high-paying job that I loved.

But it’s time for something new.

I’m now pursuing the unknown. Literally, the unknown. Armed with ideas, passionate views, a beginner’s mind and an entrepreneurial nature, the future is bright.

For the first time in a very long time, I am going to be patient with myself. I’m going listen to myself. Really pay attention to my inner being and observe the world to discover the big, scary, exhilarating, extraordinary possibilities that I can create. I know in the core of my being it’s the right thing to do, and that my leap of faith is exactly where I should be.

For the first time, I don’t have a story with a neat bow on it. And it feels liberating. You see, I’ve spent the better part of my life working my ass off pursuing success. And to most people, from the outside it looks like I’m doing all the right things. But my definition of success has changed. A new kind of success. A road less traveled. One that is more meaningful to me. Success that makes more of the kind of difference in the world that I am passionate about through bold ideas and change-inspiring action.

I believe more than ever before that my life’s purpose matters, and that any further delayed action is just an excuse. An excuse for comfort and security, for looking good, for being safe. Now I’m doing the work to acknowledge and do something about it. This time I’m willing to dedicate more of myself to the pursuit. I know that I can make the world different because I lived in it.

I’m forging a new path. I’m committed to being honest and open about it.

This is where you can follow me along my new path as I dig in and explore this new terrain. Come and connect with me on Twitter at @kathysacks.

Comments

1. says

Congratulations Kathy. It has been awesome to work side by side with you in the last two years at Infusionsoft. You did incredible things for this Infusionsoft, for our employees, partners and customers. I know you want to find and forge your new path and I admire your courageous passion to make the choice and go to do it.

You have incredible talents and energy. Good luck in your quest to discover where to point the “Kathy Sacks laser beam” in your next interplanetary adventure!

Greg

2. says

Greg, you have been incredible to work with. Truly. Every day I’ve learned something from you, and I can’t thank you enough for that. I appreciate all your support and encouragement. It means a lot to me.

3. Robin says

When I met you at Landmark, I knew you were really specially. Reading this, I thought you are truly a Landmark graduate. I too seek from within & have been trying to focus on self. I have been way too comfortable. I know there’s more out there for me & my life. I cannot wait to hear what your doing & am so glad for you that you took that leap!!! Good luck and I always be in your Court. Glad to see your taking action! God Bless Sista!

4. Brian Mohr says

Congratulations Kathy – this is a great post and an even better story! Pursue your purpose, life is too short to spend time doing anything else. Can’t wait to see the story unfold. My best to you!

5. Jody Smith says

Dare Greatly, my friend! You have an amazing spirit and even more energy to persue these goals. I will be with you every step of the way with nothin but love!!! Xoxoxoxox

6. says

Congrats & continued best wishes! Seems like another brave step in what already looks to have been a wonderful journey. I doubly appreciate that it is a step into the unknown. Must respect for following your heart/gut there when it appears that you were already in such a great situation. I have no doubt that more wonderful things will be coming from you very soon!

7. says

Congratulations Kathy! Thank you for the wonderful post. You will blaze a trail so bright that others can’t help but follow. It’s exciting to think where you will be in 5 years. Can I get on the waiting list now for the Kathy Sacks fan club?

Cheers and best wishes,
    Dustin

8. says

Yea! Good for you Kathy. I so feel the sigh of relief in your writing. Your journey and the recording of it won’t only allow you to find the meaning and purpose you seek, but it will also allow other movers and shakers to slow down and find the meaning and purpose in their own moving and shaking.

I’m here so let me know how a brother can assist.

Here’s to the living the questions and letting the answers come as they do.

In the words of the great poet Jay-Z,
    “No compass comes with this life, just eyes.
    So to map it out you must look inside;
    sure books can guide you, but your heart defines you.” ~Song = Beach Chair

9. says

So exciting! It was great working with you at Infusionsoft. Thank you for encouraging me to do the Landmark Forum. I think it set me on a new path that felt a little like a full circle. Infusionsoft is an amazing company but it feels good to be a free agent again and focused on what I am most passionate about: storytelling. Looking forward to reading more of your story and the awesome things you’re doing!

10. says

congrats on your new journey. you are on the right path. always fill your heart with more…

peace.luv.music.
    fiZ
    fiZ4ever.com

11. says

I see a lot of interesting articles on your website.
    You have to spend a lot of time writing, i know how to
    save you a lot of work, there is a tool that creates high
    quality, SEO friendly posts in couple of seconds, just type in google – k2 unlimited content

12. says

I read a lot of interesting posts here. Probably you spend a lot of time writing, i know
    how to save you a lot of work, there is an online
    tool that creates readable, SEO friendly articles in seconds,
    just type in google – k2seotips unlimited content